Plasma is widely used for high-temperature heating of various materials.
The temperature of a plasma jet is much higher than that of a standard gas burner flame, where heat is generated by burning hydrocarbons. Plasma burners are used in the following applications:
- In highly efficient metal heating in continuous casting machine tundishes.
This approach significantly improves metal quality compared to standard burners.
- In surface cleaning of pipes, rolled metal, and castings from scale, rust, and paint.
Due to the rapid heating, paint or rust burns off and quickly goes away.
- Surface hardening of metal parts by plasma nitriding.
Rapid heating in a nitrogen gas environment results in metal surface being saturated with nitrogen, forming metal nitrides with high hardness.
- Plasma torches are used for rapid heating in plasma-chemical reactors for processing waste and obtaining new materials.
Examples include melting and pelleting of scale, processing of metallurgical slag, and dust from gas cleaning systems.
- Plasma torches are also widely used to create metal powder by melting and spraying, including powders for 3D printers.
Did not find what you need?
Let our experts help you.
Send your request now >